Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Yoga in London

I am finally back on home soil, after much hanging about in airports, and assorted red tape. Suffice to say that wasn't my favourite part of the travelling, and more on that in a separate post.

I did manage to get to a few yoga classes in London, which was very exciting! Here is the rundown.

Jivamukti Yoga London

Fabulous studio, clean and pretty in a nice part of town, but be warned, it is a 15 min walk from the nearest tube station. 10 if you are willing to trot. I enjoyed the class, classic vinyasa, warm and sweaty, heavy on arm balances and inversions, but the instructor was young and inexperienced and he did a few things that made me uncomfortable. My friend Huma, whom I met at KYM last year, works there though, and so I got the plus of a yoga class and catching up with her.

Yoga in London costs, but Jivamukti has a ten day intro offer of ten pounds. Not bad value at all!

Yogaroma


I loved these classes, and went back three times. Amanda, the teacher, looks like Yoga Barbie, but without the huge bust! After the class with her, I felt euphoric, the way I did when I first started yoga. She is great, and I can't recommend her highly enough. Classes are a little out of town, in Uxbridge, but if you find yourself anywhere near Northwest London, you gotta go. Really!

Her prices are reasonable too, starting at five pounds fifty.

I wanted to check out more classes, but ran out of time. Sigh. So much yoga, so little time!

2 comments:

Mindyoga said...

Hi I am interested in this site and thought you might like to know that I am a Yoga teacher and Yoga therapist with a background in psychotherapy. I use yoga to treat people suffering from depression and anxiety in special classes.

I Thought since review lots of stuff it might be interesting to you

Many BLessings,

Heather

Nadine Fawell said...

Hi Heather!

Thanks for visiting my blog. I would love to read more about you - it sounds like our interests dovetail rather nicely!

I can't access your blogger profile, so please send me a link to your blog/website. Thanks.
Nadine